Franklin is a working-class Native American man from Maricopa County, Arizona.
- Grew up working class
- Father worked in construction
- Mother worked in the education system as an administrator’s assistant
- Parents left the reservation for their careers and have lived in the city ever since
- As a family, they go back to the reservation 2 times a month in order to connect with their family/cultural heritage
- He has 2 younger siblings – 1 boy, 1 girl
- Completed high school at 16 years old and attended community college until 18 years old. He just graduated college at 20 with a 4.2 GPA in Cultural Studies with an emphasis in literary studies.
- He worked at the university while in college – with the Native American community centers within the school(s). He is well known in the community.
- 0 student loans or any other debt
- Lives alone in a small apartment, close to his family