Complete the following Master Activity and submit your completed project.
In this assignment, you are working as a Clinical Educator for a local healthcare company. You have been asked to make enhancements to a presentation that will be shared with employees on how to properly wash their hands. You have been asked to make the following enhancements to the presentation:
- Change the slide deck theme Droplet Third Variant
- Insert and edit an online video demonstrating proper handwashing
- Add a chart
- Add speaker notes
- Add professional quality images to add visual interest to the presentation
- Add transitions and animations
- Add sources
- Correct bulleted list and fonts
- Run spelling and grammar
- From your data files, open the file Starter_PowerPoint_Master2. If necessary, . In backstage view, under File, Save As, save the database as Lastname_Firstname_PowerPoint_Master_2 in your assignment files folder.
- Change the slide deck theme to Droplet, with the third color variant. The color variant should be light blue, and ensure the theme and variant is applied to all slides in the deck.
- On slide 3, ensure the hand washing video from YouTube is enabled. If not, insert an online video from YouTube from a reputable source that demonstrates the WHO proper handwashing technique.
- Format the video so that the Height is approximately 5” and the Width is approximately 9”.
- With slide 4 active, insert a new slide with the Title and Content Layout. For the title, type Statistics. In the content placeholder below the title select the Insert Chart icon and select Clustered Column.
- Enter the following data for the clustered column chart.
Reduction of Illness
- On slide 5, select the vertical value axis and format the axis so that minimum bounds is 0.0 and the Maximum Bounds is 0.4.
- Apply Quick Style 6 to the clustered column chart and delete the chart legend.
- Insert a text box below the chart, and enter the following text: Source: Am J Public Health. 2008 Aug;98(8):1372-81. doi: 10.2105/AJPH.2007.124610. Epub 2008 Jun 12.
- On slide 5, enter the following speaker note:
This data is based on the research study, Effect of hand hygiene on infectious disease risk in the community setting: a meta-analysis, and Improvements in hand hygiene resulted in reductions in gastrointestinal illness of 31% and reductions in respiratory illness of 21%.
- Select slide 2. Delete all of the text starting with This helps prevent… and all of the text following it. Remove the bullet from the first paragraph that begins with Cleaning hands at key times… and change the font size to 24.
- Under the paragraph, insert an online picture that represents the importance of handwashing. The image selected should be professional. Resize the image and center it under the paragraph. Apply the Drop Shadow Rectangle Quick Style to the picture.
- Select slide 4. With all of the text selected, remove the bullets (do not delete the text). Insert an online picture that represents FAQ or Frequently asked Questions. Insert the image in the upper right and corner next to the title. Resize the image if necessary so that it fits to the right of the title.
- With slide 6 active, enter the following bulleted text in the textbox below CDC.gov:
- Centers for Disease Control
- Federal Government
- Clean hands save Lives
- With slide 6 active, enter the following bulleted text in the textbox below WHO.INT:
- World Health Organization
- The International Health Authority on Handwashing
- Infection, Prevention and Control
- With slide 6 active, enter the following bulleted text in the textbox below MARICOPA.GOV:
- Maricopa County Public Health in Arizona
- Local County Health and Wellness
- Handwashing Toolbox
- Ensure all text that was just added is a bulleted list and left justified.
- With slide 6 still active, insert an online picture that represents the importance of handwashing. The image selected should be professional. Resize the image and center it under the paragraph. Apply the Drop Shadow Rectangle Quick Style to the picture.
- With the picture on slide 6 selected, add the Shape Animation to the picture.
- With slide 1 active, apply the Reveal Transition to all slides in the slide deck.
- Run spelling and grammar check and make any corrections.
- View your slide show.
- Save your presentation, and take note of where it is located. There should be a total of 6 slides in your slide deck. Compare your presentation to the image below, and make any modifications if needed. Close out of PowerPoint and submit your entire presentation per your instructor’s instructions.
Microsoft Office's built in security feature